Digital Marketing is an artwork which involves incorporating various methods to promote brands. One of the most important elements are social media marketing and search engine optimization. Though they are two different concepts they are highly interlinked. Both the channels are highly interlinked in a customer purchase journey.
Why is social media Critical for SEO?
Though social media posts might not impact the websites performance it does impact the ranking in the search engine. The various social signals that could help rank them comprise of comments, signs, views, likes, posts, reposts, links, and backlinks.
- Likes: Google gives leverage to links that people share on public pages as it shows that the content is relevant and interesting. Moreover, it also helps invite more viewers to drop by on their most active platforms
- Reposts: Search engines like google give an important sign to repost as it is an efficient promotion strategy.
- Hence the call of share and save against posts on the content posted.
Hence, it is quite clear it helps in building social media backlinks by the user- generated content or the own posts. Doing your own posts also regularly helps the consumers brand aware of company. Moreover, replying to the comments and questions brings in the advantage of social media presence and amazing positive interaction experience for the customers.
Using social media to Boost SEO
To leverage SEO performance, finding the sweet spot where content marketing, SEO, and social media round off together is an important element. Using the strategies mentioned below social media can be used to increase the website visit and traffic and optimize SEO.
- Increase Online Presence, Brand Awareness and Positive Mentions: “Eye catching” is the word when someone wants to remember your brand. Try setting yourself apart from the competitors and do posts and targeting that is memorable. Increase your presence online. Try having more posts, blogs, and contents around your social media space. Keep it all branded without background, media content, cover pictures. For the remembrance and memory apply uniformity around the posts, the descriptions and the branding style, material. Brands which have strong social media presence and respond highly to consumers generate a positive experience for consumers and eventually an increase in overall satisfaction.Google also pays to the context of engagement online as a brand should be ranked for a positive experience and not a bad one. Focus on what you are getting ranked for and not only the high-ranking in-search engine. Seek to tailor the message as per the platform you are using for maximum success based on the audience you are engaging.
• Create Link Opportunities from social media: It is one of the most difficult one to achieve as it is not the implementation that is hard but a third party/person taking an action. It solely depends on a recipient’s perspective of whether they want to reference or not. It’s more of a thing where in you relying on social media to promote the content of yours and make people aware of it. It could also involve using user-generated citations tagging the brand to blog posts using your business website URL as a reference to buy the product or the service. A link on Facebook cannot be considered as a backlink but if you follow the link through it takes you to the original post and hence the link on social media led to brand awareness to drive traffic on the website.
• Build Partnerships: Though sharing posts on the social media is an important element but using to build partnerships with influencer and bloggers. As the authentic use of social media has been to build relationships among people hence it is very difficult to get organic audience from social media. There are few kinds of partnerships you can be engaging with:
o Brand Advocates: The active social media fans who are loyal to the brand and would promote you for free.
o Influencers: Organic and paid influencers both play a role while paid influencers can help create more awareness if they have high number of influencers, while the organic influencers are those who have a genuine interest and expertise to specific areas. So, any rankings, endorsements from either of those would add to the brand value.
o Strategic partners: The influencers who are expertise in your niche and are willing to co-partner to create content and tap into the audience with marketing opportunities.
• Establish Authority: The goal of any social media marketing, affiliate or content marketing is to bring it back to the primary source that is invite traffic to the website or optimize SEO. It is to establish that even though Facebook, Twitter isn’t a part of Google’s Search Engine formula it helps you win trust, create awareness which eventually leads to winning audience and reaching wider audience. Other than the social media also make sure to invest in the domain and proper layout of the website as it can help google keep you in site and appear in search. Make sure to use google analytics to track other resources and to study and to control the time, day of posts to maximise the impact.
• Boost content Lifespan and Engagement: Keep sure the content is engaging as if that’s not the case people are not going to be interested. As the content needs to serve the audience needs so that they get engaged with it and hence follow it.
But also remember no matter how good and amazing the content if there are no visits as people are not finding it, it’s not serving the purpose. So, share your content on social media such that people spot your brand and hence visit your website.
Tips to planning the content are: Connect by sharing stories, be entertaining, spot on to educate with a fun facts, Help present solutions from real scenarios.
Hence, applying the above stated strategies could help rank your website and optimise your SEO by use of social media platform. Try using hashtags and keywords in the captions, descriptions as social media page may get higher ranked over your website on a lot of occasions and hence redirected to the website.